For Ages 6 Weeks to 18 Months
Program Goals and Objectives
Our infant childcare provides a safe, loving, trusting environment in which children are free to explore using sensory motor and physical skills.
Warm and loving caregivers who are trained in working with infants, will fulfill the children's needs. Secure and trusting relationships are made through everyday interactions between the infants and caregivers.
Proper stimulation will be provided to enhance growth and learning by motivating the infant with curious toys and activities. Caregivers engaging in play with the infants enhance physical, emotional, social and cognitive skills.
Specific Infant Childcare Program Goals
A. Social / Emotional: Caregivers interacting with infants in a positive way, engaging in conversation and always making eye contact with the child.
- Allowing infants to feel safe and secure if separation anxiety occurs.
- Encouraging infants to interact positively with one another.
- Participation in group games and activities (patty cake, rolling balls, etc.).
- Providing awareness of self-image in mirrors.
B. Physical Skills and Coordination: Our childcare facility will provide activities and space for children to strengthen their gross motor and balance skills.
|Kicking||Pulling self-up||Holding objects|
|Moving hands||Walking||Pulling and pushing toys|
|Swatting at toys||Rolling over||Dancing|
C. Sensory Experiences: Our daycare will allow your children to use their senses to explore their environment.
- Walks with stroller
- Water play using small basins
- Musical instruments
- Textured toys and books
- Textured foods (pudding, oatmeal, etc.)
D. Cognitive Development: Our childcare/daycare will help your child in Developing their own thoughts and ways of thinking when engaging in play.
- Recognizing certain people
- Recognizing objects in a book
- Passing a toy from one hand to the other
- Realizing the sounds of certain toys
- Learning how toys work
- Simple problem solving
Our childcare/daycare will be a place where you can trust your infant will be taken care of.